Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Rush

Hi Rush--I'm just watching the Flash Gordon Cliffhanger "Space Soldiers Conquer The Universe". I saw on the credits page one of the movies editors name was Joseph Glick. Any relation to you?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks

Mike

Re: Question for Rush

Dear Mike,

Not that I am aware of, at least! Anything is possible, of course! We know little about our family tree, but, many years ago when some relatives of mine were visiting Las Vegas, a "Mr. Glick" was paged. As it turned out, TWO Mr. Glicks appeared as a result of the announcement. In talking, it was discovered that they were related, and through their conversation, we discovered that five brothers has come to the U.S. together in the 19th century. This leaves the possibility of distant relatives popping up in the most unexpected places, including, maybe, in a movie credit.

When I was visiting Amish country in Pennsylvania about ten years ago, I found that Glick is a very common name among that cultural group. No Amish in our family, as far as I know, but, again, who knows...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Question for Rush

Rush Thanks for the reply. I have a last name that is not mainstream typical too. My people came from the Osterfreidland area of old Germany in the late 1850's and landed in New Orleans so they were distributed in the Midwest. Seems like the slightly odd name catches peoples eye and ear the quickest and is remembered the most.

Thanks again

Mike