Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new stories

Hi,

I am intrigued by the idea of resurrecting the fan written stories. Although I had been following Kurt's board since almost the beginning I had taken a hiatus when the first go around of stories was going on so I missed out on those.

When I was in junior high and high school I loved writing stories, etc. I didn't have to pursue that interest after HS because of the time demands placed by college and then building a career and then marriage (all worthy endeavors especially the last one )

If the Chan stories are resurrected I will do my best to participate. To be honest, my ability to contribute will depend on timing. Summer is always busy with outside activities and projects. My busy season at work kicks off in a couple of weeks as well

Chris, Virginia, and Rush - you continue to do great things with your respective Chan sites. How you find time to do all of this is beyond me. As Harry Hoo would say, "Amazing".

Steve

Re: Re: new stories

Steve,
I'm like you--I'd love to see the stories continue but I was so heavily involved in the last one that I don't think I have time or energy right now to help out.
Virginia

Re: Re: Re: new stories

I would be very interested as time allows.

Re: Re: Re: Re: new stories

Very good! This is the type of energy that I mentioned earlier!

Perhaps at the moment, the word could be passed around regarding the revival of the "homespun" Charlie Chan adventures. The actual wheels of progress could begin to roll once some sort of dedicated team is assembled.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new stories

I know that alot of people don't have much time which is why I think a once a week serial would be the best way to go. Five days to create and suggest ideas, dialogue, etc. and then two days to pull it together and post the result.

chris

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new stories

I too would be most interested in it.

Re: TV Chan's Aphorisms

I think " “Silence often speak louder than words” was in one of the movies I watched recently, maybe Honolulu, Reno, or Feathered Serpent?

Re "Silence"

Dear Tenman,

Here are the references to "silence" culled from Charlie Chan's aphorisms:

"Silence best answer when uncertain." ("CC IN SHANGHAI")

"Silence big sister to wisdom." ("CC IN PARIS")

"Silence is golden - except in police station." ("CC's CHANCE")

"Silent witness sometime speak loudest." ("CC AT THE CIRCUS")

Sincerely,
Rush Glick