Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Subtitled "Eran Trace DVD"

Dear Mrs. Pendleton,

The script for "ERAN RECCE" is a little different from that of the original "CC CARRIES ON." If you will scan quickly through the script from the latter, which we have on display here, you can see a few differences. This is not to say, of course, that some changes to this script were not made during the filming of "CARRIES ON."

I had a chance to look at the script from "ERAN TRECE" a few years ago, and, as "THE BLACK CAMEL" was shot before filming on the former took place, there was even supposed to have been the family scene at the breakfast table as seen in "CAMEL" included in "ERAN TRECE."

One humorous note: In "ERAN TRECE," Mrs. Chan is speaking JAPANESE!

Sincerely,
Rush

PS- Get well, Steve!

Re: Re: Re: Subtitled "Eran Trace DVD"

Dear Rush,

I'm sad I didn't get to watch "The Black Camel" with you all tonight, but thought I'd take a break and check in here. I was anxious to watch the newly subtitled "Eran Trece" as soon as possible after receiving it last month. I enjoyed it very much although by necessity somewhat distracted with other things at the time. I recently breezed through the script of "Charlie Chan Carries On" provided on your most honorable website and it seemed very similar to me, but between the distractions while viewing the film and the amount of time which had lapsed since viewing it, I was unsure if it was exactly the same or not. I knew there was a difference in the running time between the two films and that they were filmed a few months apart. While I was watching "Eran Trece" I tried to picture Oland in the role and what the lost film would be like (sigh!), but was unsure if there were major or minor differences in the script. Not knowing isn't a problem when you know who to ask! Thank you, as always, for a very informative answer!

~Mrs. P

P.S. Mrs. Chan speaking Japanese is a very fun blooper! I would have never known. To quote Lili (or Iris) Wong in "Charlie Chan in Rio", "It's all Chinese to me!"