Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan's House

I just copied the information below from a recent
post from Rush Glick ---

INFORMATION BELOW FROM RUSH

201 Prospect Street

Last time I had the good fortune to visit the beautiful tropical city, I did my best to track down this exact spot, and I feel that I did, using landmarks visible in the movie in the distance as a reference point. First, I determined, thanks to a very distinctive roof on a house that Mr. Chan and Kashimo pass shortly after starting their drive, that the Chans lived on Prospect Street, which runs along Punchbowl Hill. Next, usung the landmarks I mentioned above, I found the most likely spot to be what is today 201 Prospect Street. There, you will find a very obscure art museum dedicated to a deceased Honolulu artist. With a romantic bent, if you stroll the fairly lush grounds, you will easily imagine that once on this spot stood the home of the Chan family. In fact, there is even a bit od a foundation still in evidence there.

Please feel free to email me if I can be of any help to you. I found it very fun to search out "Charlie Chan locations" in and around the Honolulu and Kailua areas of Oahu. Also, please join us for our Chat on Monnday night. I can answer some questions there, too...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Charlie Chan's House

Thank you Aunt Ling, but my heart is sad that the house is no longer there. Oh well, I can still stroll the beach of the Black Camel.

Mahalo

Robb Roberts
Kailua, Hawaii