Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ben carter

I am in a class here at UNC Chapel-Hill and I am trying to find information on Ben Carter and maybe his death :(,,,my teacher collects death certificates of famous African-American actors from the past,,,so if anyone can be of help but anything might,,,thanks again

Re: ben carter

I can make this observation, I think the interaction between Mr, Carter and Mantan Moreland in the movie Charlie Chan and the Scarlet Clue was classic. Those two were as smooth as glass and funny as h... I wish I could tell you more and I wish there was more more of them to see.

Robb Roberts

Hi,

I am sure you probably already know about Ben Carter who is listed in IMDb the best movie Internet connection around ( I am even listed there LOL). He is listed as born in 1911 and died June 15, 1946 and that year he made 3 movies of which the last one was Charlie Chan movie called "Dark Alibi" and he did two non-Chan movies as well and I think 3 the year before.

If you don't know the site it is http://us.imdb.com just in case you have not been there.

So sorry, not more help. Good luck on your endeavors.

There is another site called "Find a Grave" www.findagrave.com which usually has information as well. I have not checked it there yet. Also, there is one I used to be a member of (when doing geneological stuff) and that is where I found information about the death of a family memeber several years ago. It is www.ancestry.com Hope this helps you in your research.

Ken

Re: Re: ben carter

There isn't much info on Ben Carter. Not even MSN entertainment has anything but a list of his films of which are much more than three. If you check my blog (address above) I featured both Mantan Moreland and Ben Carter for the Scarlet Clue film.

Chris

Re: Re: Re: ben carter

So sorry you misunderstood. I never said there was just 3 films, I just said there was 3 the year he died and 3 the year before. By the way there is no mention of him in "Find a Grave" or the Ancestry site as far as I know. I don't find MSN Entertainment as a very credible source for actors and their film, certainly not the caliber of IMDb for their information.

Surfice it to say, I think he was a good actor and worked well with Mr. Moreland. Thank you so much.

Ken

Dear Mark,

Please try this address. It may give you a piece or two of helpful information:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0141479/

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: ben carter

There is an excellent article about Mantan Moreland at Horror-wood (mostly about his horror comedies) but it touches upon the fact Mantan and Ben Carter were stage partners. Maybe this Joe Winters who wrote the article has some info aobut Ben Carter.

Excellent site and message board BTW. I have been a Charlie Chan fan for over 40 years.

Re: Re: Re: ben carter

opppsss...forgot to post the link to the article about Mantan!

http://www.horror-wood.com/mantan.htm