Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie has death in basement

Rush,
I do remember this coal furnace that opened up where the coal goes in and this is where the bony arms came out of. The arms cames out and choked a person who dropped his flashlight and false teeth came out too!
It was a long time ago and maybe it was a son who came after to examine the body on the floor.
Thanks for your help.
Will keep looking.
PS. Where can you get the movieBlack Magic?

Re: Movie has death in basement

I would like to know the movie that keeps haunting me for my whole life.
Bony hands and arms come out of an old coal furnace and choke the victim who drops his flashlight and dies.
Charlie has to solve the murder?
I forgot the ending but i still remember the scene and Charlie and his nephew discussing the crime.
Help?

Re: Re: Movie has death in basement

Walt,
I can remember a skelton in the basement of Black Magic (aka Meeting at Midnight). It does come out of a darkened area but I always understrood it came from another room.
I also have all the Chans but can't remember one where Charlie is on a case with a nephew. He was always with a son and/or daughter, and maybe an assistant like Birmingham Brown (depending on the movie).
Sorry I couldn't help find your movie because it sounds nice and spooky!
Virginia

Re: Re: Re: Movie has death in basement

Hi, Virginia
Thanks for your help.
It was a long time ago and i guess it might have been his son!
Do you know where i could buy this movie.

Thnanks again

Walt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie has death in basement

Walt,
Sorry I haven't replied to your post.

Our computer has been down (and I won't/can't repeat what I've called it in the meantime!).

About buying Chan movies . . . Click on the "Return to Website" at the top right corner of this page. Go to "Links" when the main Chan board pops up. You'll find several good links to go to for finding any and all the Chans you want!

Virginia "I'm Late But Am I Worth Waiting For?!" Johnson

Re: Movie has death in basement from ghost in coal furnace

Virginia,

Thanks again for your information and time.
You are worth waiting for and i will search the site for movies of CC.
Walt

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Walt,
Sorry I haven't replied to your post.

Our computer has been down (and I won't/can't repeat what I've called it in the meantime!).

About buying Chan movies . . . Click on the "Return to Website" at the top right corner of this page. Go to "Links" when the main Chan board pops up. You'll find several good links to go to for finding any and all the Chans you want!

Virginia "I'm Late But Am I Worth Waiting For?!" Johnson

Re: Death in from a another room in basement

Virginia<

Thanks for your help.
It looks that maybe Black Magic might be that movie.
Will try and obtain it somehow.
Any ideas?

Walt

Re: Re: Death in from a another room in basement

Honorable Sir,

Black Magic is other name for "Meeting at Midnight" which was the film we reviewed tonight. Very good film. I have the movie on vhs tape (two copies, my wife bought me one at a garage sale) and I have the DVD version sold with all 42 Charlie Chan movies. I have mentioned getting the movies on Ebay, but humble self have notion most of society Family here believe in only true sources like Andy and others. I have to buy cheapest I can and got all 42 with very very good DVD;s for $60.00 on Ebay. I have seen them for $67 and 75 dollars on Ebay. What you have to watch out for is the dealers and their feed back (must be near 100 or not good) and what they say about the description so that you don't buy copies of copies. Just a suggestion for those looking with limited budget.

Humbly hope this has been of help. Thank you so much.

Ken

Re: Re: Re: Death in from a another room in basement

Walt,
I might also add checking on the main menu of this website and clicking on "Links"--you'll find several venders, most of whom I have dealt with and found very reliable and I'm sure that Rush can vouch for them all.
Virginia