Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The "Chanthology"

I just placed my order on the internet for the Chanthology, I have not seen a Charlie Chan movie for about 25 years when I used to watch them with my grandmother. I bought a copy of Earl Derr Biggers Charlie Chan stories this past summer, and I'm "hooked". My question is: how is the quality of the DVD's I just ordered, as I'm hearing mixed reviews??
Thanks!
Darien Chalecki

Re: The "Chanthology"

Hi Darien!

I am pretty picky about DVD quality, but I am very pleased with the quality of the Chanthology.

The picture quality is very good on all the discs. They each have fun and well designed menus (not a big deal but it shows that care was put into these releases). The sound quality is also good although for some reason the volume is a bit low; you may have to turn up your volume a bit during the movie.

All in all, I feel these were very well done and represent an excellent value. Granted, these Monograms aren't on the same level as the Fox films, but I find most of them enjoyable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the Fox films will ever get released on commercial DVD so you will have to go to grey market sources to get those.

Steve

Re: Re: The "Chanthology"

Thanks Steve O., I can't wait to get the DVD Chanthology!! Too bad it will be very tough to get hold of some of some of the earlier films.....with the different actors playing Charlie...maybe someday they will be converted onto DVD
Thanks Again!
Darren Chalecki