Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melbourne Cup , 5th online draw for the famous 50 cents

P,S,

It is yet to be confirmed that Mantan , the scared miniature horse , was heard to say as he ran away ,
" Hooves , do your duty !!"
STEVE

Re: Re: Melbourne Cup , 5th online draw for the famous 50 cents

Dear Steve,

It is so good to hear from you again! We all probably knew that you were busy with the new house, but had no idea that you would also be busy chasing down horses! It sounds as if Mantan was taking a page from Avalanche's book.

Our Melbourne Cup Night would not be the same without your August appearance as has been out tradition for what will be our FIFTH time now! How the years have flown by. (Who will win the coveted Aussie 50 cent piece this year? Plan on being with us for our Chat/Film Viewing on November 1 and it may be YOU!)

Well, Steve, again it's so nice to hear from you again. Take care, and please keep us updated as the field for this year's big race forms.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Melbourne Cup , 5th online draw for the famous 50 cents

Great to hear from you, Steve. I really miss your input on the Chan sites, and miss our personal e-mail chats that we had. When you get hooked up to Internet, please let us all know an address again.

Re: Re: Melbourne Cup , 5th online draw for the famous 50 cents

Hi John and Rush ,
This is the day of the big race . I'm running around like man here in Ballarat , Victoria trying to find an Internet Cafe . This is my 3rd place this morning . The local library only had 15 minute access available , the main commercial Internet Cafe has just installed a new server ... which is down , and now I'm in a tiny computer store with just 2 terminals ! But the draw WILL go ahead if it kills me . I have the horses names in my pocket and the Panama hat is warmed up and ready to go . I'll be in the Chat room shortly .
I always get confused about the difference between US times and time here as Daylight Savings time started 2 days ago and threw all my calculations out. But I THINK the Chat starts in 1 hour 21 minutes .
Good luck to all for the 50 cent prize .

STEVE