Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "Charlie Chan's Secret" (8 pm, EDT)

Our "spooky" month of October continues this evening with "Charlie Chan's Secret," starring Warner Oland. Charlie Chan takes the Clipper airship to San Francisco to help out his old friend, Mrs. Lowell, and becomes embroiled in a very mysterious murder case involving an equally mysterious old house. "...mysterious shadows of night. They cling to old house like moss on tombstine...".

Our Chat Room is located RIGHT HERE at our Charlie Chan Family Home. (Please use any of the "Chat Room" links.) We begin, as is our custom, with arrivals and greetings beginning at 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Thirty minutes later (8:30) we start rolling our personal copies of "Charlie Chan's Secret," thus allowing us to watch this film together. During the course of the movie, although our ongoing discussion generally focuses on the picture at hand, our conversation is definitely allowed the latitude to wander into other, usually related but not always, realms. With this in mind, even if you lack the possibility of viewing tonight's movie along with us, please join us anyway, as you will certainly be included in our evenings's ample discourse!

Hopefully you can be with us for the fun tonight!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "Charlie Chan's Secret" (8 pm, EDT)

Dear Rush and All,

Humbly apologize for my absence. I had pressing family matters. I had to take sons and daughters and our nine grandchildren out to family dinner at the Chinese Kitchen buffet. Was tremendous strain on already taxed pocket book of grand "pop" but was need for celebration of oldest granddaughter's 15th year of life on this earth. Other children and six other grandchildren were in another state of this beautiful country so they could not come. Besides, "Blossom" of my wife's heart (our youngest daughter and mother of six of our grandkids - all boys) had recently given birth and travel not advised for grand "pops" newest detective.

So sorry, but choice between family and my needs always swing pendulum away from honorable grand "pop" and his needs or wants.

That is a fine film and I am sure everyone enjoyed Honorable leaders review of same. My thoughts were with you all. Thank you so much.

Ken

Re: Re: Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "Charlie Chan's Secret" (8 pm, EDT)

Dear Ken,

A statement that was once made regarding the venerable Charlie Chan can be made for you as well, if I may paraphrase: "Yours isn't a family, it's an INSTITUTION!" I hope that you will tell us about your family celebration held at that Chinese restaurant.

Congratulations and best wishes to you and yours!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick