Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Eran Trace

Plus, if the movie is dubbed, they'll have to include a shot of Godzilla in the movie. Wouldn't be the same without him in a dubbed movie!

Chris

Re: Re: Re: Eran Trace

Thanks for the reply Chris!!!!, but I could have done without the Godzilla comment. I was asking a real question about a movie that would have been nice to hear in English. I wonder if you know the Spanish word for Godzilla?, because we all know you know the english word ridicule.

Thank you so much,

Maskedwacko

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eran Trace

I'm not a film expert, but years ago when we had this discussion, another point was raised. When dubbing a movie, not only do you have to dub new voices, but the backround noises (music, street sounds, movement of other characters, etc) also have to be dubbed in to give "depth" to the soundtrack. Again, I am only an amateur on this stuff, but the comment made sense to me. If true, you can't just make a dubbed movie sitting in your own home and talking onto a tape, but you need to recreate the actual entire scene to get the proper backround noises too. Does anyone else know about this?

Re: Great line Chris

Chris,

Loved your Godzilla line; funny stuff.

By the way I've been meaning to tell you, the picture on your blog of Barney Fife as Charlie is priceless!!
I get a chuckle out of reading the dialog that goes along with it.

Thanks for brightening my day with your humor!

Steve

Re: Re: Great line Chris

Dear Chris,

I would like to take a moment to second Steve's thoughts. Also, I enjoyed the Barney Fife as Charlie Chan image as well! (Anyone desiring to take a look at "same" will find Chris' very worthy Blog site, "Charlie Chan in Cyberspace," at: http://cyberspacechan.blogspot.com/)

Sincerely,
Rush