Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To Rush on Eran Trace

You may be right in some sense Rush, but respectfully wrong in others. Today there have been major advances in movie technology in regards to audio, animation and lip-syncing. In short Rush, with the technology of today you could not tell it was being lip-synced.

The biggest problem would be a believable voice actor for Charlie Chan. The other actors would not be as much as a problem as their voices is not as patented. The undertaking would be very big, with no question, but it is very much possible.

Now having said all that, will it get done? I don’t know if it ever will. But, it could. For people that care for Charlie Chan must do this: they must not limit their thinking. They must find a way to keep Charlie here today and in new ways in the future.

This is my opinion. I would like to see Erin Trece in English. If not the Spanish movie, maybe a new American produced one!

Maskedwacko

Re: To Rush on Eran Trace

Dear Maskedwacko,

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly! It would be wonderful to see a remake of "Eran Trece" (or even better, the "original," "Charlie Chan Carries On"!) if done in a style that paid homage to the old movies. I also agree that a dubbed version of "Eran Trece" would be possible, but, due to the cost factor, I can assure everyone that this will never be done. Now, of course, if someday a multi-millionaire Charlie Chan fan were to pick up the project and cover all costs, not hoping for any real return on his/her expenditure, then the story would have the desired happy ending!

Now, if I may, I would like to mention that I am certain that Chris had not the slightest offence in mind when he mentioned Godzilla in relation to your original "Eran Trece" post. The Chris I know, from much contact dating back roughly two years, is a very kind and lighthearted gentleman who was only making a friendly play on context. Please don't think that he was making fun of you in any way. With very few exceptions, I have found Charlie Chan fans to be the kindest, most caring persons anywhere, and it is my humble observation that Chris, you, and everyone else who frequent this humble Message Board fit that description to a "T."

Thank you, Maskedwacko, for your thoughts. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: To Rush on Eran Trace

Thank you so Much, Rush.

As stated it was just a play on words not intended to offend. I'm a huge fan of Godzilla as well as Charlie Chan. The thought of a dubbed film makes me immediately think of the Godzilla films. It's nothing more than that.

chris