Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "CHARLIE CHAN IN 'CITY IN DARKNESS'"

Honorable Family,

I want to thank you for not making fun of me in my responses. I had no idea my DVD player was really still acting up and I was ahead of you. I have seen the movie several times and had thought it seemed some things were skipped in my movie. When I put the movie in which is across from my computer in front of it, it kept saying "Disk Error" and still would not play and I kept ejecting it and putting it back in both physically and with the remote button and finally it began to play. I remembered Rush kept saying there were historical scenes at first, but I never saw them and went into the seen with the "blackout" and the bi-planes flying over. Several more screens were screwed up as well and my movie ended before everyone elses. After we signed off, I doubly checked it turning off and on the DVD/VHS player and put it back in and it played fine with all the stuff I had missed. DUH!!! Hope I did not ruin it for anyone. So Sorry. Thank you so much.

I enjoyed the "Family" comments and movie.

Ken

Re: Re: Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "CHARLIE CHAN IN 'CITY IN DARKNESS'"

Ken,

A DVD player acting up can be quite frustrating. It seems that DVD-Rs can often be problematic depending on how compatible the brand of disc is to the player.

I really enjoyed the chat last night. Your wit, and that of Bill's, brought a smile to my face numerous times. Believe me, that's much appreciated after a stressful day at work (honorable wife appreciates it even more :) )

Looking forward to future Monday evenings with honorable Chan family.

Steve

Re: Re: Re: Tonight's Chat/Film Viewing: "CHARLIE CHAN IN 'CITY IN DARKNESS'"

Steve,

Thank you so much. For kind words and your words of encouragement.

Ken