Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Britain, Connecticut

I know the New England connection. However I had a dear colleague of Swedish ancestry in New Britain, CT that mentioned a few visits to New Britain. And attendance at Swedish fests, church, etc. As Warner had a relative living in Hartford, did that relative later move to New Britain? Or was it because of the many Svenks that lived in New Britain due to the manufacturing (such as FAFNIR, EMHART, STANLEY WORKS...etc.)and the Swedish skills that the Swedish Community got to see Oland and his clan???
At any rate, he is tops in my book as "Charley Chan". Others could only copy him. Fondest regards. Karl

Re: New Britain, Connecticut

Dear Karl,

Welcome, Karl.

Warner Oland usually wins popularity polls among Charlie Chan fans as the best Chan. However, the race between him and Sidney Toler is always very close!

It is possible that Warner Oland has relatives living in the region mentioned. It would be interesting to know for certain. Oland and his wife Edith never had children, so any relatives today would be cousins, etc.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick