Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I would like to take a moment to wish everyone a very happy and meaningful Thanksgiving. There is much in my life that I am truly thankful for, and that includes everyone who contributes to this humble website as only you can and do, via this Message Board, our Monday evening chats, through email, and more. Without YOU the "family" in Charlie Chan Family would be a hollow sentiment, indeed! So, again, I wish the esteemed members of our Charlie Chan Family an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Rush,
I hope that this is just the first of many Thankgsivings that
your family continues to be blessed with hope, health,
happiness and the pattering of Sarah Marie's feet
around the house!

Virginia

Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Humble Family,

I pray for health, happiness and peace for each of you and as we all sit down to our Thanksgiving meal we take a moment to give thanks for our family and our extended family and for our boys and girls fighting and away from their homes on this joyous family get together.

As Charlie Chan said "Man without relatives is man without trouble." So may your troubles all be little ones. Remember at this time of holiday approaches, Charlie said "Kindness in heart, better than gold in bank." Be kind one to another. Holidays were always difficult times as a police officer for me, when families were together too long on holidays sometimes they forgot the kindness. May it not be so with you.

"Truth like football, receive many kicks before reaching goal." Remember Charlies words as we celebrate this great day and watch all those football games. LOL

Well, that's about all I had committed to memory for this season. So I will shut up and listen.

God bless you all.

Ken

P.S. Rush, we have another thing in common, one of my daughters is named Sarah. She lives in Michigan with six of our grandchildren. She is moving to Texas next year.

Re: Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Ken,
She'll be very welcome but does Sarah know how screwy the weather can get here?!
Virginia
P.S. I have a niece who lives here named Sarah!

Re: Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Ken, very well said, indeed! And Virginia, "Thank you so much." Now, I have to go feed our little one her Thanksgiving breakfast as Mama prepares our contribution to the family dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving...!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! I am very thankful for my family, my employment, and my friends...especially those here at the Family Home!! My famous pumpkin pie is in the oven and I'm looking forward to preparing the rest of our meal this afternoon.

Please remember me tommorow morning as I will be in the thick of it at Wal-mart as Blitz (Also known as Black Friday)will commence at 6am!

Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy day to give thanks for all the good things in their life. And to give thanks for all the past and present guardians of our land who make this possible for the rest of us.

Stay safe and enjoy.