Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlie Chan puzzle

Dear Jack,

Your logic puzzle, like others I have tried in the past, is fun, but I always walk away feeling a bit bewildered! However, before taking a look ("Scout's Honor!) at your posted answer, I will give it a try...

It seems to me that for this to work out, it was Mugsy who brought in the drugs that HE purchased. Slapsey purchased the whiskey from Jonesy who was the one who brought in the guns.

Now, to see if I was anywhere close to the correct answer!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Charlie Chan puzzle

Great puzzle: I will give it a shot,

From the clues, Mugsey and Slapsey didn't bring Drugs so that means Jonesey brought the Drugs and sold to Slapsey.

Since Jonsey didn't buy Whiskey that means Muggs did. By default, Jones bought the guns.

Clue #3 tells us that Mugs brought the guns. That leaves us with Slapsey bringing the Whiskey.

To Recap my guess:

Mugsey sold guns and bought whiskey
Jonsey sold drugs and bought guns
Slapsey sold whiskey and bought drugs

I'll look at your answer and see how bad I missed it...

Steve

----------------------------------

I don't know if any of you like logic puzzles, but I wrote a Charlie Chan one for those of you who care to solve it.

Charlie Chan was called in to solve the case of the Three-Way Trade. Mugsey, Jonesy, and Slapsey had made a three-way trade with the items each of them brought in. In order for the police to arrest them, Charlie had to figure out what item each crook brought in and which one they purchased. He only had the following clues to work with. Can you show how he solved the case?

1. THE CROOK WHO BROUGHT IN THE DRUGS PURCHASED THE ITEM THAT MUGSEY BROUGHT IN.

2. SLAPSEY PURCHASED THE ITEM THAT JONESY BROUGHT IN.

3. THE CROOK WHO BROUGHT IN THE GUNS PURCHASED THE WHISKEY.

I will post the solution in another message.
Jack Retherford

Re: Re: Charlie Chan puzzle

Good job! You solved it. Charlie Chan humbly sends you many thanks.