Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rush Alert

Rush,
We've seen the mess that you all have there and that
it's hit at least part of San Diego. . . .
Are you all alright?
Virginia

Re: Rush Alert

Dear Virginia,

Things are not nearly as bad here in San Diego as they may appear on the news. Mostly, there are "inconveniences." Any loss of life, so far as I have heard, has been the result of poor judgement on our highways. This morning, the sun was out for a while, and I took Maggie on our usual walk through our neighborhood. Sadly, two beautiful, old palm trees were uprooted. One fell on an SUV and was still blocking the road.

Marie and I woke up in the small hours of the morning to the sound of wind and rain hitting our little house. The power was off as we lookied out our bedroom window, thinking that our modest willow tree was going to snap in the high winds. There was lightning, but, strangely, no sound of thunder until, around 3 a.m., there was a HUGE boom over us. I thought that our little Sarah was going to wake up, but she slept through the whole thing!

We are supposed to get more - and more - rain through the weekend. This is a fairly rare occurance for our region which is classified as "coastal desert."

Thank you for your concern. All is well...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Rush Alert

I'm glad to hear that you all are alright--and that that boom didn't wake Sarah up!
May it ever be thus!
Virginia