Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who today would be a good Charlie Chan...

and is Chinese...I think Chow Yun Fat would be an excellent choice.

Re: Who today would be a good Charlie Chan...

Dear William,

Chow Yun Fat would be a great choice, I feel, too. One evening, I saw a commercial on TV that included, among other people, a fairly rotund Chinese gentleman. I was struck with the thought that he would make a very good Charlie Chan, although I have since forgotten even which product was being advertised.

Sincerely,
Rush

I agree . . . with Jackie Chan for comic relief!

Virginia

Chow Yun Fat would be an excellent choice!

Too bad chef Martin Yan of Yan Can Cook is 7 years older than Chow Yun Fat, because I think he would make a great son with his zany sense of humor (that is, if he could be persuaded to launch a film career.)

But then the father/son age difference didn't really seem to matter in the Roland Winter's Chans, did it?!!

~Mrs. P

Re: Re: Who today would be a good Charlie Chan...

Personally I wish they'd go back and do the book stories, especially KEEPER OF THE KEYS and have Kashimo instead of his sons in it.

Re: Re: Re: Who today would be a good Charlie Chan...

Dear William,

I agree! Interestingly, "Keeper of the Keys" is the only Biggers Chan story that was not made into a movie. I have thought for some time that a BBC-style production of the Charlie Chan books would be the best bet for them being done "right." Wouldn't it be great if each story could be made into a multi-part series, allowing for plot nuances and deeper character development? And, yes, where Kashimo is called for, he could appear...

Sincerely,
Rush