Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mother

Here is the lastest on my Mother:

She is doing well enough that her doctors are taking about getting out of the hospital. Mother will need some intermediate help at a nursing hospital with a specil wing devoted to helping patients build up their strength.

The next step after that will be a rehabilitation hospital.

After that? . . . We are hoping to bring Mother home.

While Mother doesn't have any use of her right side, the feeling on that side is getting better, stronger. She is also better able to stand and sit in a chair.

We are very lucky that Mother's mental ability wasn't affected. Her speech is getting clearer all the time but may continue needing a speech therapist for a bit.

(It's ALWAYS difficult to shut up a Texas woman for any length of time!)

Mother's throat is getting better to the point that they'll be testing her to be sure that she can start back on regular foods.

(YOU try to get between a Texan and food!)

I'd like to thank everyone for their lovely thoughts and prayers, the best and surest shortcut to getting Mother better than I can hope for!

Love,
Virginia

Re: Mother

Dear Virginia,

Thank you very much for giving us this update on your mother's condition. From all you say, I am even more optimistic than before. Please continue to let us know how things are going, and please let her know that all of us here are thinking of her and praying for her full recovery.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Mother

I'm very happy for your too. I'm sure that your mother will be better in time.

I know quite a handful of Texans and understand your dilemma!

Chris