Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RUSSELL WONG

Dear Jack,

As may be the case with the "Charlie Chan" movie project that Lucy Liu has supposedly been pursuing, it could just be that there were too many obstacles to overcome just due to the mere mention of those two words so deaeded by today's PC Hollywood types: "Charlie Chan." I would bet the honorable farm that every group of "activists" has one ear to the wall of every Hollywood executive office regarding the venerable but maligned detective.

This is a shame. However, I sometimes shudder when I think of what type of "Charlie Chan" film would be produced in this day of vile language, lurid, sex-filled plots, explosions, and computerized "enhancements." I still think that a good film, at least based on the honored detective that so many of us love, could be produced if the proper care and restraint were used. Some time ago, I even sent a letter to Ms. Liu through her agency expressing my thoughts on this very thing, but, of course, I don't know if she even saw it...

Regarding Mr. Wong and the movie you mentioned, I have never seen it. Judging by the picture that you offered, however, he seems that he could make a fine Chan grandson to me!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick