Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Dear Chris,

I have heard nothing for days regarding the condition of Virginia's mother, Becky. Like you, I continue to hold her in my own thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, the old adage about no news being good news holds true here. However, I believe that if there is any good news that Virginia will immediately let us know, and in this way, I am a bit troubled having heard nothing. Still, as was aptly stated by a great detective, "Kind thoughts add favorable weight in balance of life and death." I believe that such kind thoughts are perhaps greatly needed at this time.

Also, at Monday evening's Chat/Viewing, we learned that Joanne Walsh's mother is also very ill and in the hospital. We may also wish include her in our prayers...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Hi Chris & Rush,

I received an email from Virginia yesterday saying that Becky's kidneys, liver and white count are improving and the doctors say she has a 50-50 chance of recovering.

Also Virginia's step-father is now in the hospital too. He was taken by ambulance, then returned home and then was driven in to the hospital again during the night by car. Last I heard he was still in.

Virginia's apt subject heading was, "It Never Rains But It Pours" which would explain why we're not hearing much from her.

If anyone has heard anything more recent, please let us know.

~Mrs. P

Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Thanks for the update Cathy. Like Rush, I was quite concerned that no news was a bad thing. I hope Virginia knows how much we all care.

Prayers are being sent on behalf of her family and Joanne's.

Steve

Re: Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Yipe!!

Thanks for the update guys. I'll be praying for all of us. We need it!

BTW, I hope to be here on Monday night for the chat.

Chris M.

Re: Re: Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Thank you, Mrs. P., for the information. I haven't checked my email inbox yet today for any messages from Virginia, but, the information that you have shared does, at least, offer some very real reason to hope for Becky's recovery. Indeed, Virginia and her family are experiencing a deluge of difficulty at this time with her step-father's sudden bad turn, too. Yes, our continued thoughts and prayers are in order...and are also so for Joanne's mother.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

I received an email a couple of hours ago. The news does not appear to be good. Virginia is hoping that Mother will hang on until the weekend when her brother from CO comes. The doctors don't appear to have much hope. My prayers are with her and her family.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Dear Hounder,

I am saddened beyond words to hear this latest bad news. As are yours, my prayers are also with Virginia, her mother, and her family at this most difficult of times...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Update on Virginia's Mom?

Thanks Hounder! What a difference in a day! I will continue to pray.

~Mrs. P