Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marx Brothers Marathon

Hey Gang,
Mark your calendars now for TCM is running a Marx Bros. Marathon on April 8th. 11 films back to back!!! Althought not Chan related, we should be supportive of these classic films! I've been a big Marx Bros. fan for a long time!

Chris M.

Re: Marx Brothers Marathon

Dear Chris,

Thank you! I will hopefully be watching. There is actually a Marx Brothers/Charlie Chan "connection," in my humble opinion. I have always felt that "A night at the Opera" and "A Day at the Races" had a link of soerts to "Charlie Chan at the Opera" and "Charlie Chan at the Race Track," and even "At the Circus" and "Charlie Chan at the Circus"...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Marx Brothers Marathon

there's more than that too. Even my memory serves, Ken Hanke's book, Charlie Chan At the Movies, tells that Sidney Toler has a cameo in the movie, Duck Soup. In the music number about going to war, he's supposed to be one of the general who stands up with a quick salute. You'd have to tape it and freeze frame each guy. If this is all true, he'd have a mustache/goatee combo.

Chris

Re: Re: Re: Marx Brothers Marathon

Dear Steve,

One never knows where and when a "Chan" might show up! Another possible link, here.

Sincerely,
Rush