Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking Forward

Dear Virginia,

For our canine friends who may wander into our Chat Room, may I suggest a good supply of Milk Bone dog bisquits? It has always been my observation that these are much appreciated by our four-legged "best friends." By the way, popcorn is a great idea, and, I happen to know that dogs love it, too - plenty of butter, not spiced!

Also, Virginia, the idea - a wonderful one, I feel - was brought up last Monday by Chris M., I believe, that we should find out from you what your mother's favorite Charlie Chan movie was. We could then have a memorial evening featuring this movie.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Looking Forward

Dear Rush and Chris,
I'm sure Mother is clapping her hands together like a little girl at the idea of her own viewing of her favorite Chan!

She loved CC's Secret (I promise I'm not making this up--It really was!)

Another idea to think about . . . as Mother was such a life-long racing fan, as well . . . we could show CC at the Race Track nearest the first Saturday in June (I think!) for the Belmont Race that is the last leg of the Triple Crown. Mother loved Warner Oland and Keye Luke and, again, was like a little girl giggling every time I told her about them intertaining the local kids with the fireworks!

Or . . . now that I think of individual scenes . . . perhaps Mother's favorite scene was the one early in Shanghai where Charlie sings to the children on board the ship.

We could also take the opportunity to use The Black Camel to salute all our parents, since it has that marvelous scene at table with Charlie and his family to remind us how much we love our families, regardless of what they do!

Love,
Virginia

Re: Re: Re: Looking Forward

How about for June:

CC at the Race track

CC Secret

CC at Honolulu (Family)

CC at The Circus (Family)

For the beverage cart, how about a portable Starbucks table. I'm looking to visit the chat room again in May.

Chris M

Re: Re: Re: Looking Forward

Dear Virginia,

Very good! Tonight's viewing of "The Black Camel" will be dedicated to all parents who have the toughest job in the world, being parents. But, as an ad once said, "It's the toughest job you'll ever love."

Next, tonight, we can decide which Monday, from next week on, that we would like to show "Charlie Chan's Secret" in honor of your venerable mother. It will not be any trouble to edit our calendar for this important event. (I had a feeling that "Secret" was going to be the one, somehow!)

Sincerely,
Rush