Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan in London - lost music?

Although I have several Charlie Chan movies on video, it is the old medium of 16mm film that gives me the most satisfaction. I just purchased a 16mm print of Charlie Chan in London and I was treated to a very special surprise at the end of the show. After the closing credits faded to black and the music came to an end, suddenly - along with the black screen - was another sequence of "exit music" that had been included at the time of original release. It is nothing more than a minute and a half of an unidentified fox trot, but it comes to a satisfying conclusion before the usual "Sound Print Reel No." information flashes on the screen. I never knew that exit music was provided for these pictures, but this proves that it was. Anyone else know more about this?

Re: Charlie Chan in London - lost music?

Dear Bruce,

You have made a very nice discovery! I never knew before that "Charlie Chan in London" made use of exit music. At least one other Charlie Chan movie, "The Black Camel," had exit music at the very end. What you have told us makes me think that others from at least the early series had similar music that was heard against a blacked-out screen.

If you are ever so inclined as to make VHS or DVD copies from your print, I would be very happy to be one of those in line to buy one from you!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Charlie Chan in London - lost music?

Are there Mp3 files on music and sayings?

Re: MP3

There is a website which has most of the opening theme songs to the movies. It can be found at this website called Chanfilms Click Here.

For some of the aphorisms of the movies, try Charlie Chan.net. You can click here

Chris M.