Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan on DVD

Dear Chan Fans: Do you have a particular service to recommend where I can buy quality DVD of the Charlie Chan films. Recently, I viewed The Chinese Ring and was disappointed to find the audio out of sync. Sincerely, Russell Rubert

Re: Charlie Chan on DVD

Hi Russell,

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience with the DVD. Perhaps you could contact the seller and get another disc? I will say that Chinese Ring is one of the tougher Chans to get a good copy of. My personal copy (which originated from a Fred Shay 16mm film) is quite mediocre.

Rush has a fine list of vendors on his links page. For the Fox films, Dennis Harmon has done a great job capturing the restored films from FMC on putting them on DVDs. He charges $10 per disc. If you're willing to sacrifice some quality for a cheaper price, the sets offered by OldTimeRadio UK have gotten some good reviews.

If you have films to trade, you can post a message on the www.charliechan.net boards (which are quite active) indicating you would like to trade for certain films. You're bound to get a response.

Good luck!

Steve

Re: Re: Charlie Chan on DVD

Dear Steve O: I am trying one of the links listed on the Chan Family Page site. I did return the bad DVDs. "Thank you so much" for the advice. Sincerely, R.Rubert