Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Advice on portable DVD

Hi Jack,

I can't help you regarding Poloroid since I don't have experience with those. However regarding English DVDs. If they're DVD-R (like Andy sells) you have a good chance of being able to play them (see below). However if they're commercial DVDs you probably won't unless the Poloroid has (a) PAL to NTSC conversion and (b) all region capabilities.

Andy note: most DVD-R can play on any newer player however some can be finicky. I couldn't play Andy's discs on my player; he said my player was one of the ones that wasn't compatible. You can always e-mail him and ask about your player. He's really good at communication.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Re: Re: Advice on portable DVD

Hi Steve,
I'll contact him and see what he says.

Thanks for the information
Jack

Re: Re: Re: Advice on portable DVD

Dear Jack,

Andy is very helpful, and I think that he may be able to answer your question(s). You might try one of his disks on your DVD player as a test. He ships them out FAST, and you only pay for the product as postage is free.

Please let us know how things go. My gut feeling is that you will have no problems with your Polaroid player.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice on portable DVD

Thanks Rush. I'll let you know how things go.

Jack