Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: CHARLIE CHAN ON TV

WHERE IS THE LIST OF MOVIES AND WHERE TO PURCHASE THEM. I'M UNABLE TO LOCATE IT.

Re: Re: Re: CHARLIE CHAN ON TV

check under "Directory" for a complete list of the
CC films & under "Links" for several reputable
vendors..

cheers/mike

Re: CHARLIE CHAN ON TV

No Jack, I am not very optimistic. In fact I am probably the most discouraged I have ever been in this regard.

The PC forces in this country have pretty much succeeded in burying anything that they want buried regardless how inoffensive the material in question might be.

The fact that Warner Brothers now has to put a "For Adults Only" warning label on a collection of 1940s/1950s Bugs Bunny cartoons shows you how far they've been able to take their movement.

In the meantime, one of the top money making movies in the theaters today is something called The Wedding Crashers which apparently features lots of 4 letter words and repeated nudity. Do I find this offensive? Yes. However I choose to simply not view it and don't make any efforts to stop others from seeing it.

Yet, a relatively small group of individuals has used their tactics of fear and intimidation to bully various studios into keeping certain films and TV shows that are over a half century old out of circulation.

Steve

Re: Re: CHARLIE CHAN ON TV

IT IS SAD HOW A FEW DISGRUNDELED INDIVIDUALS CAN RUIN THINGS FOR SO MANY OTHERS, AND I'M NOT SURE THEY WERE DISGRUNDLED. I THINK THEY JUST WANTED THEIR 15 MINUTES ON TV.

Re: CHARLIE CHAN ON TV

Dear Jack,

As Steve mentions, we are now living in a brave new world of political correctness where what was once considered good and wholesome is now determined to be offensive, and subjects once reserved for the saltiest of bar rooms abound for the eyes of the innocent.

While the prospects of seeing Charlie Chan on major TV/cable networks may not be likely anytime soon, there is still some hope that smaller networks or stations (that can only gain viewers in such a venture) my do so. Recently, I had an email dialog with a gentleman from a minor religious network that shows an occasional classic movie as well as "The Lone Ranger" and "Lassie" TV shows. Evidently, they will be showing Mr. Moto and Mr. Wong movies in the near future, and, if this happens, could Charlie Chan be far behind? They seemed to be open to the idea, at least.

Take heart...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick