Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: charlie chan pictures

Tom,
Welcome!

I hope you come back as often as possible!
I hope you check out our chat room Monday night (and that goes to Tuesday nights on August 30 through September)!

Another place that you might check out is Kurt Schmidt's message board at www.charliechan.net.

And thanks for the memories!

Virginia

Dear Tom,

"Thank you so much" for sharing these special memories with us. Charlie Chan films, being that they are such family oriented pictures that span generations, have offered parents and children, no matter their ages, to share the types of special moments that you describe.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

dear virginia and rush, thanks for your kind words of welcome. i certainly will visit as often as i can. am not actually on internet myself, but use the pc's at my local libraries. in my first post i neglected to mention the fact that i live in macclesfield, england.i read about fox movie channel's decision to axe it's projected month long chan marathon, on account of receiving some strange complaints. the imagination boggles! there are some sad people in this world. also read that the actor who essayed the part of sulu in star trek played a prominent part in the complaints. the poor guys probably hard up for something to do in his retirement!

Re: Re: charlie chan pictures

Dear Tom,

In the United States, the politically correct storm troops currently run roughshod over the fabric of our culture. It seems that too many cultural groups bemoans injustices, both perceived and real, that were perpetrated generations ago, and in the process, modern day "book burnings" take place in an attempt to erase portions of our history. It was some of the prevalent "poor old me" attitude that led to the fiasco that you mention involving Charlie Chan being cancelled by Fox.

George Takei apparently lost a good number of fans when he hosted a kangaroo court-like series of "forums" before and after Fox' final showings of a handful of Charlie Chan movies two summers ago. During these "discussions," there was no one with a divergent opinion represented on the panel.

One thing I find interesting is how Asian pressure groups, doubtless in a move to bolster their numbers, lump ALL Asians together into one group, when, the reality is that there is much diversity among Asian groups and cultures. Through their actions are then not, in essence, claiming that "all Asians are alike"?

Sincerely,
Rush