Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHANTHOLOGY Vol' 2 ?

As anyone who read my previous posts will have noticed, I am not fully conversent with the use of computor keyboards! However I am getting a little more used to it now. All this one fingered typing takes a little time though! Bought MGM's CHANTHOLOGY about a couple of weeks ago. Was pleasantly surprised that the picture quality was so good. Sound quality ok, but volume a bit low. received VINTAGETHEATRE.COM's 14 disc Chan set yesterday. Picture quality hardly up to CHANTHOLOGY's standard, but watchable, just! Now if MGM brings out second volume, with remainder of Monogram pictures on, it only remains for Fox to "galvanise into action" and release their Chan pictures on DVD. Or is this a forlorn hope? Regards,Tom.

Re: CHANTHOLOGY Vol' 2 ?

Dear Tom,

Please do not feel badly about your lack of typing skills! My honorable wife compares my crude typing method to that of a little pig pecking out words with his little...

As you note, the quality of the "Chanthology" DVDs is superb! There is rarely any possible way for "grey market" sellers to match such a presentation. Quality varies between sellers and is rarely consistant within what they offer. This is the nature of the beast. Hopefully, the product you received from The Vintage Theater was at least on par with their asking price.

There will not be a "Chanthology Volume 2' as MGM Home Entertainment holds only the rights to the six movies that they released with that set. The sales figures for "same" were quite good, however, and it is probably certain that those entities that hold the rights to other Chan films have taken due note, and, who can say that we will not see more commercial releases of Charlie Chan movies in the near future?

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: CHANTHOLOGY Vol' 2 ?

Tom,
It may very well be a forlorn hope but anything to bring pressure on Fox and/or to make them and their PC crowd look bad can't hurt!

If nothing else . . . it gives us satisfaction in knowing just how many other people agree with US!

Virginia