Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Report: Fox to release Chan (& Moto) DVDs in 2006

Hi,

Our good friend Johnny Dollar has posted a message on the mystery board that contains news that we've been waiting for. This is what he said:

"I have been told on good authority that Fox is finally going to bring Charlie Chan to DVD some time next year. What's more, Mr Moto too! The info comes to me indirectly from Schawn Belston, Fox's video restoration guy. They were thinking about licensing the Chan films to someone else, but with the success of the Rathbone Holmes movies they decided they would do it themselves."

This is great news if it comes to pass. I don't know if this is a contributing factor or not, but the gentleman who squashed Chan in the past, Peter Staddon, has moved to another role within Fox and Steve Feldstein is now the head of Marketing at Fox.

I would certainly encourage that people drop Mr. Feldstein a note encouraging him to release these films just so they don't get sidetracked again.

His contact information is:

Steven Feldstein, Senior Vice President,
Corporate & Marketing Communications
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
2121 Avenue of the Stars, 25th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Phone: 310-369-5369
Fax: 310-369-5262
E-Mail: steve.feldstein@fox.com

Keep those fingers crossed that this happens and send a ton of thanks to Johnny Dollar for letting us know!

Steve

Re: Report: Fox to release Chan (& Moto) DVDs in 2006

Dear Steve,

Potentially wonderful news, indeed! The reasons you give for Fox' apparent turnaround on the release of their Charlie Chan Holdings sound very plausible. I had hoped that the possible release of Lucy Liu's "Charlie Chan" film by Fox in 2007 could get 20th-Century Fox to put out Chan films on DVD, and, I wonder if this film, evidently very much "in the works," could be playing at least a partial role in Charlie Chan pictures finally being released.

I think that you are absolutely correct in suggesting that as many of us as possible contact Mr. Feldstein and heartily endorse the release of Charlie Chan movies to the public. An announcement to this effect will be added soon to our Bulletin Board...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick