Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Knotts

Hi Joann,
Since I have yet to see all the Charlie Chan films with Benson Fong in them. I can't say. If I knew the name of the actor on the far right in the scene, I could cheat and look it up on IMDB.(chuckle) I'll get back to you on this. There are only two I haven't seen and I'll watch them over the next two days.

Jack
jack@theofficenet.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Knotts

Ok Jack,

You can get back to me on this, as I just popped in the cd to get the photo to demonstrate the picture posting...I have already forgotten which movie it is!?!
Therefore I can't give you any hints

Joann

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Knotts

Ok Jack,
You can get back to me on this, as I just popped in the cd to get the photo to demonstrate
the picture posting...I have already forgotten which movie it is!?!
Therefore I can't give you any hints

Joann

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Knotts

Hi Joann,
I've been looking at the picture to see if there are any clues to help me.
CLUE ONE: It is a Charlie Chan/Benson Fong movie. I think that narrows it down to six films.

POSSIBLE CLUE TWO: I also noticed that Mantan Moreland is wearing a hat that is all black. That, I think, eliminates the films where he wore a hat that had the name of the taxi company on it.

I tried to see if there could be a clue on what appears to be a desk or table but so far nothing stands out.

So far, unless I missed something, I've narrowed it down to Dark Alibi, or Shanghai Cobra. Of course, as I said before, I haven't viewed two of the other movies. I'll keep plugging away.

Sherlock Jack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Knotts

Hi Joann,
Ok, Since I don't have The Scarlet Clue,I went to the Charlie Chan gallery and found a picture from that movie that, I think, shows the same desk as in your picture. It's the picture with this caption:

"Gloria Bayne attempts to blackmail Ralph Brett, showing
him the matchbook that he left behind in her car.
Lobby Card"

The desk in your picture looks to have the same objects on it and there is a picture on the wall that appears to have the same frame as in your picture.

Final guess, The Scarlet Clue.
Am I right? Do I win a million dollars?

Jack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don Knotts

Yes, Jack! You're right, alrighty!
Very good super sluthing considering you
don't have the movie, you've impressed the heck
out of me!
...OK, OK, So didn't win quite a million, none the less you
definately won my admiration for your accurate
guess. Joann

If you only have but one guess, make sure that guess