Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello!

I am fairly new to the board, although not altogether new to the Charlie Chan fandom.

My interst comes from my love of the cartoon, "The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan" --it was while searching the web for things on the "Chan Clan" that led me to this site.

I have seen some of the Charlie Chan movies, although it's hard for me to remember much. I do remember the following exchange, from "Charlie Chan in Honalulu", I think...

Police Chief (or Commissioner, I'm not sure which...) is calling for Charlie for a case. He finds him at the hospital.

Police Chief: Chan? Where are you?
Charlie Chan: Hospital. Maternatiy Ward.
Police Chief: What -- again?

I think that's how it went. It's the gist of it, anyway. As I recall, Charlie's son-in-law was interuppting him with Ling's (?) requests for strange food/food combos.

While most of my interest is still in the cartoon fandom, I am most definatly developing an interest in the older movies. (How can I not? Chan is definatly a charming fellow! )

Unfortunatley, I don't have any of the movies (although you can still catch the cartoon on Boomerang...). I know of a place where I could probibly get the "bootleg" copies. There's a flea market where we go twice a year that has old movies. I think I saw some there.

How do you feel about fanfiction/fanart? Naturally, the fanfiction/fanart that I make will be based on the cartoon, rather than the books or movies, but I wanted to see what you think of fanfics/fanart before doing any posting of links and such.

I recall coming across a piece of fanart on devintART with at least Susie, Nancy, and Mimi in it (from the cartoon). I'll see if I can find that.

See you later!

Re: Hello!

Jo Ann,
Do you have some fun ahead of you!!

Rush has a section here at his website for Links to find vendors where you can find the movies you don't have.

Plus we have a Chat Room here every Monday Night for a different Chan movie. (Next Monday is The Chinese Cat.)

It's 8:00 to 10:00 PM, Eastern Time, and don't worry if you don't have whichever movie we're watching--We cover a wide range of topics!

I must admit that I also have another blog, http://charliechanannex.blogspot.com, that doesn't have NEARLY as much information as this site does!

Have you also tried the message board at www.charliechan.net? If you haven't, you should and soon!

I hope to see you here and/or in the chat room soon!

Virginia