Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Monday Evening Chat/Viewing: "THE JADE MASK" (8PM, EDT)

Another pleasant Monday to all…

Please join us tonight as our Chat/Film Viewing will feature “The Jade Mask” starring Sidney Toler, and featuring Edwin Luke, the brother of Keye Luke, as Number Four Son, Edward (Eddie) Chan. Charlie Chan is called upon during his wartime position of an agent of the U.S. Secret Service, to solve the murder of a scientist whose work was of great importance to the war effort. As he does so, a number of other killings take place in and around the mysterious Harper residence.

We begin, as usual, at 8:00 p.m., EASTERN time with arrivals and greetings. Then, thirty minutes later, we begin running our personal copies of this very fine film, which allows us to watch it together as our evening’s discussion progresses.

Our Chat Room is located RIGHT HERE at our Charlie Chan Family Home. Please use any of the “Chat Room” links to join us.

Even if you do not happen to have a copy of tonight’s movie, please do join us, as you will NOT be left out of our ongoing chat and festivities. Also, as is our custom, newcomers are offered the seat of honor at our humble table.

PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to join our special email list and receive a high quality image each week from our featured movie, please contact us at: charliechanfamily@yahoo.com.

Let’s get together this evening for much more fun as we The Jade Mask”…

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Viewing: "THE JADE MASK" (8PM, EDT)

I wish I could join this group more often than I have, but my schedule unfortunately does not permit it. I just watched "The Jade Mask" for the first time earlier this month, and thought it was a pretty decent Toler entry. Only question I had was "where is the jade mask"? Edwin is certainly not as entertaining as his big brother Keye was in the Oland Chan's, but you've got to admit that he's an improvement on Benson Fong.

Have fun tonite, gang - oh, and Virginia, please prepare an extra sarsparilla for our venerable host tonite, in advance of celebrating 6 glorious years here at Charlie Chan Family.

Re: Re: Our Monday Evening Chat/Viewing: "THE JADE MASK" (8PM, EDT)

Dear Roy,

I am sorry that your schedule will not allow you to join with us this evening.

The only masks in this film are plaster "life masks" made by Harper for identification purposes. Nothing "jade" to them, but it does, perhaps make for a more romanticized title!

Sincerely,
Rush