Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great early review on Chan Volume 1

You can imagine - I know you can - how "antsy" I am getting as the 20th approaches. We've know definitively now for about 3 months that Fox was releasing the 1st volume in this fantastic series, but it seems like so much longer. 12 days and counting til I will be keeping my eyes peeled for each mail delivery.

Chucky Cheese, Chucky Cheese

I am Chucky Cheese, main!

Dear Steve,

"Thank you so much" for offering us this early review. Yes, the big day is nearly upon us, and, I suspect that we will not be disappointed with the quality of the restored movies.

Sincerely,
Rush

Love it, but where's "The Black Camel?"

Re: Re: Great early review on Chan Volume 1

Matt:

I don't believe that Fox owns the rights any longer to "The Black Camel", which is the reason it is not included in this first volume set.

Rush and/or SteveO: can either of you confirm this, please?

Yes, Roy is quite correct. For reasons that aren't all that clear, Fox lost the US and Canada rights to CAMEL to Warner Brothers.

The good news is that Warners has publically stated that they intend to release CAMEL and the Monograms that they own in the future. No date was specified, but it will probably be within the next 12 to 24 months. These titles need some restoration to make a DVD release look good.

Steve