Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kudos to Old Time Radio for supporting official releases

Dear Steve,

I share your praise for Andy of Old Time Radio, UK. He did similarly a couple of year ago when MGM released the Chanthology set, by removing those six films from his "complete" Chan package. Hopefully, anyone who would like to purchase what is unavailable commercially regarding Charlie Chan will remember Andy's honest gestures.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Kudos to Old Time Radio for supporting official releases

Wow, stop it, you'll make me blush:)

The whole point of starting my website was to bring otherwise unavailable movies to like-minded fans (and to offer an alternative to the $400 Chan DVD sets that were selling on eBay at the time).

I can't speak for everyone, but i'm 90% sure that most of the dealers who offer these kind of vintage movies are doing it for the same reason as me. It is unfortunate that the bad experiences people have with dealers generally get more publicity than the good ones:)

Was kind of sad to take the 'Eran Trece' disc off of the website, it was a great project to be involved in. I hope Fox have made as much effort in their subbed version as Rush and Adrian did:)

Kind Regards, Andy.

Re: Re: Re: Kudos to Old Time Radio for supporting official releases

Dear Andy,

It would be nice if all sellers of Charlie Chan material held motives as altruistic as yours. Hopefully, as we are still some time from ALL Charlie Chan movies being offered on authorized commercially made products, that fans of the great detective will continue to seek you out to fill the holes in their collections. Also, as other items you carry, such as the complete "New Adventures of Charlie Chan" TV series (from 1957), will probably remain unavailable commercially for the forseeable future, your services will be appreciated.

Thank you, again, Andy, and continued success to your very worthy endeavor...

Sincerely,
Rush