Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which of the following is the best? DennisFlicks.com or Forgotten Films?

Hi Sam,

The Warner Chan DVDs are strongly rumored to be coming in 2007, not too far away.

I traded for all of my Winters Monogram Chans from a gentleman who had pretty decent prints as far as 16mm films go. I believe those are the same ones that DennisFlicks is using. He's a straight up guy and I like him a lot. I don't care for Vintage and their business practices so can't recommend them. I have no experience about Forgotten Films so I can't offer an opinion one way or another about them.

If you're interested in trading for "Docks of New Orleans", which I have, please drop me an e-mail at
steve liz at mchsi dot com and we can talk off line. I'd rather see you save your money for the official releases which will be of much better quality and probably cheaper than the unofficial sources.

Steve

Re: Which of the following is the best? DennisFlicks.com or Forgotten Films?

Dear Sam,

In order to have all of the Charlie Chan movies from the series proper, I, like many others, have purchased frm "grey market" sellers. Overwhelmingly, Chan fans, myself included, would and do jump at the opportunity to buy authorized, commercially produced material. Until all films are eventually available, you may consider either trading for the movies that your collection currently lacks, or, you may decide to seek them from one or more of the many sellers who offer them in varying quality in an "unauthorized" fashion. If the price is right, even not-so-perfect quality will at least allow for their viewing - and enjoyment until the "real thing" becomes available!

Ironically, it could be that the very good sales of unauthorized Charlie Chan material may have contributed to the factors which eventually prompted the studios to begin releasing their Chan material...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick