Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Good News! Retirement Home will have Charlie Chan Night this Saturday!

Actually other movies have been planned for the rest of July, and they were kind enough to postpone the movie planned for that night(Grumpy Old Men with Walter Matthau). Most of the movies they show are Family oriented Contemporary Movies(no more than a PG rating). They do show some classic movies but usually the famous ones(Both Gone With The Wind and Casablanca come to mind). They usually don't have chats afterwards but they approved mine. We have a small hall in our complex with a Big Screen TV(About 50 inch if not larger)complete with VCR, DVD Player and Laserdisc Player with surround sound. The boss was a bit skeptical but said it sounded like a good idea.August is still open, and weekly showings can happen if I get good turnout this Saturday. I plan to show "Charlie Chan In London" this Saturday as I haven't seen the rest of my Fox Chan DVD's, and I like to see them for the first time with the rest of MY FAMILY (Charlie Chan Family, that is) every Monday.Not only will I show the Fox Chans at work, but I also plan to show the Monogram ones(courtesy of MGM Chanthology). Wish Me Luck!