Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Subject

I know it doesn't have anything to do with Charlie Chan but I bought a "Marx Brothers" DVD Box set from Warners at Costco for only $19.99! It is regularly priced at $59.99 and is a pretty good price even though these are the Marx Brothers lesser efforts but at this price it breaks down to about $4.00 per DVD. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is not the price but what Warner should do if/when they release their Chan Box set.If I was in charge, I would release the entire Monogram run of Charlie Chan (from The Red Dragon to Sky Dragon) put 2 or 3 chans on each disc(since they are pretty short) but also include "The Black Camel" as a separate solo disc with extras(Featurettes, trailers if they still exist,A history of the Complete Charlie Chan Film series and how about a audio commentary by our own Rush Glick?) Just a thought? Probably wouldn't happen.

Re: Off Subject

These days most any movie topic is On Subject since it's a mystery to many of us what gets put out on DVD and what is left is allowed to deteriorate or just flat out disappear.

Virginia