Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan Night will become "The Charlie Chan Mystery Tour"!

Hi Everyone!, Good News, Charlie Chan Night will become a regular fixture at work starting in September. My boss told me that all of the residents who attended Charlie Chan Night wants more Chan! In fact most of them would like to see a Charlie Chan Double Feature rather than a single feature. Plus they don't want the aftermovie discussion every week, only every once in a while. My boss believes that more residents may show up since they will have time to publicize and promote it plus summer vacations would be over.Also I plan to promote it as "The Charlie Chan Mystery Tour", kind of borrowing the name from Fox Movie Channel's aborted Chan Festival. As a reward for my good job, my boss wants to buy me one of the grey market Chan DVD Box sets, so we can continue the Chan Nights into next year, I am kind of hesitant to let them do it, as I prefer quality picture and sound but my boss wants to reward me. I have decided instead them buying it for me ,let them buy it for themselves and keep it there so if residents want to view it at their home, they could. My boss told me that the residents aren't picky at the picture quality. I'll keep everyone informed in the future regarding Charlie Chan Night. See everyone on monday evening in the chat room watching "Charlie Chan In Egypt".

Re: Charlie Chan Night will become "The Charlie Chan Mystery Tour"!

Dear Roy,

Wonderful news! I think that your Chan film series will provide many happy hours for the residents. In many cases, old memories of childhood will doubtless be revived.

As far as using "grey market" copies of Charlie Chan movies until that happy day arrives when ALL Chan adventures can be had through authorized, commercially produced material, you may wish to consider getting a set as a temporary measure. Yes, the quality will not always be up to what we will hope for in the future, but it will certainly be adequate for group viewing. At least in this way you will be able to keep the ball rolling.

I think that one film per event is adequate, maybe a "double feature" from time to time. In this way, you can have your Chan soirees go on fairly indefinitely with little repetition. Later, you could encourage request for your viewing public's favorite Charlie Chan films. Maybe on occasion, you could have a Chan/Moto or a Chan/Wong double bill.

Again, congratulations. Your hard work definitely paid off...

Sincerely,
Rush