Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ERAN TRACE/CHARLIE CHAN CARRIES ON

Dear Anthony,

Yes, you are correct. As the Spanish-language version of "Charlie Chan Carries On" followed the original very closely for the most part, when seeking images to accompany the script for the original, some screen captures from "Eran Trece" were included along with a number of stills from "Carries On." The images "borrowed" from "Eran Trece" were probably examples of "stock footage" which appeared in both finished films, such as the train pulling away from the station in Nice, stock travel scenes (the Sphinx and Great Pyramids in Egypt, people riding on elephants, the Haggia Sophia in Istambul, Turkey, and the Hong Kong street performers) or the hand(s) of the murderer at work. Nothing was used that was certainly unique to "Eran Trece" such as scenes shot specifically for that movie such as those, for example showing actors from that picture.

The script for "Charlie Chan's Greatest Case," calls for the inclusion of stock footage of a San Francisco ferry boat. I believe that portions of this same stock footage were used in "Behind That Curtain," and it is possible that a "capture" from this material may be used for illustrative purposes.

Thank you, and I hope that you will continue to enjoy the material presented at our humble Web site.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: ERAN TRACE/CHARLIE CHAN CARRIES ON

Thank you for answering my earlier post, Mr. Glick. Having seen the movie, ERAN TRECE, I suspect it is the same as CHARLIE CHAN CARRIES ON except that at the dinner sequence toward the end of the film, the man at the head of the table, does a series of bizarre imitations of Mexican stereotypes!

Re: Re: ERAN TRACE/CHARLIE CHAN CARRIES ON

At the time I wrote the original message, I was anxious that footage of Manuel Arbo, the Spanish Charlie Chan, was included in your script. I'm sorry if I upset or worried you in any way.