Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Vol 2 is now 12/15 (details inside)

Hi, Virginia.

I like "Secret" also. The atmosphere is tremendous. What do you like most about it?

David

Re: Re: Re: Vol 2 is now 12/15 (details inside)

David,
What's not to like?!?!

It has a spooky atmosphere, hidden tunnels, seances, suspects galore, and last--but not least!--Warner Oland!

Is it perfect! No, and I have the bloopers to prove it!

Did that ever change my mind! Of course not!

Spookily yours
Virginia

Re: Re: Re: Vol 2 is now 12/15 (details inside) ("CC's Secret")

Dear David,

I, too, greatly enjoy the atmosphere of "Charlie Chan's Secret." In my humble opinion, this film captures the climatic "feel" of San Francisco, which lends itself perfectly to the mysteries that shroud Colby House. Even though Lee Chan is not in this one, Baxter the butler fills in fairly well, I think, and, he might even be seen in some respects as a precursor to Birmingham Brown of the Monogram phase of the series.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vol 2 is now 12/15 (details inside) ("CC's Secret")

Dear Rush and Virginia,

I agree with what you both said and was thinking about how wonderful the sets are in "Secrets." The exterior of the house is especially nice -- brooding and forbidding. The house is really a "player" in the film. Another CC film in which the sets really played an important part in all that took place is "Dead Men Tell." There were others, but I especially liked the atmosphere and general eeriness of these films and the sets were a large part of it.

David

Re: Vol 2 is now 12/15 (details inside)

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the information! Hopefully this date will, indeed, be the actual release date. A great Christmas gift idea, everyone!

Sincerely,
Rush