Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marc Laurence aka Steve McBirney

I really like Mr laurence,what a great bad guy he made,read his Bio on IMDB,thats who i am to be in Rush's Monday nite movie for Halloween. I'd like to hear what he had to say it must be pretty neat...Evan

Re: Marc Laurence aka Steve McBirney

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for the information. Many, if not most, Charlie Chan fans are also fans to varying degrees of the venerable Marc Lawrence. Anyone who takes a peek at his filmogrphy should not with some awe a career in film that lasted seven decades.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Marc Laurence aka Steve McBirney

Especially when you consider how many people don't hit the seventies in age!

Virginia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for the information. Many, if not most, Charlie Chan fans are also fans to varying degrees of the venerable Marc Lawrence. Anyone who takes a peek at his filmogrphy should not with some awe a career in film that lasted seven decades.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Marc Laurence aka Steve McBirney

Actually I have been so out of touch I didn't know the old guy had gone . We corresponded back amd forth a few times and he had a rough and ready character . I remember he wrote how f***ing ( my censorship , not his !)cold it had been in Newfoundland where he had just been "making faces" as he called acting . What modern actor would take the trouble to reply in his own hand to fans like he did .
A 21 machine gun salute is called for .
STEVE

Re: Re: Re: Marc Laurence aka Steve McBirney

A few years ago, I met Marc Lawrence at an autograph show in Studio City. I asked him a couple of questions about the Charlie Chan films he did, and he signed several homemade pics I made off of "Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum." When I told him that I had flown 3000 miles to meet him, he playfully slapped my face. lol His assistant whispered to me that he was giving me a compliment, which I took it as. Kinda like the way Steve McBirney would have slapped his pal Grenock! lol I have some video footage of the slap and of meeting him. Also some audio of him talking a little about Warner Oland, Eddie Marr (Grenock), and C. Henry Gordon (Dr. Creme). Audio is pretty noisy, though, from all the people in the room. But he was a really nice guy to meet.