Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan Carries On footage found

Last night while doing Warner Oland research I found the trailer for the Lost movie Charlie Chan Carries On . No it wasn't in an attic , in fact it was screened publicly in July 2005 ! It screened at the Mary Pickford theatre , associated with the Library of Congress , together with the trailer for CC in Honolulu and others . It seems the Carries On trailer was a premiere of the restored 35mm print , presumable now in the LoC archive. So barring it getting lost again in a vast impersonal archive we should eventually see it .
(Rush I tried to let you know by email but I haven't been able to get through for about 10 days . )
Together with the 42 seconds of outtakes from Greatest Case , this 3 minute trailer gives us an insight into the earliest days of Chan talkies .
Virginia , the drinks are on me , champaigne for everyone !
See ya , STEVE

Re: Charlie Chan Carries On footage found

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing this information. Hopefully this can make its way to a future Chan release as an "extra." And, WHAT an extra that would be!

I don't know if you recall the person from your country who claimed to have had a video copy, or a partial one, dubbed into French, of "Charlie Chan's Chance." A friend supposedly held the original. At the time his story had a the ring of being the truth. Of course, nothing ever came of this, but wouldn't that be something, as well? If it had been a total hoax, he did some pretty good research to make it sound real!

Thank you, again, Steve...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Charlie Chan Carries On footage found

I've got the caviar and all!

Virginia