Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chan TV show

Dear Gary,

Welcome...

I hve the complete collection of "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan" which I obtained from Old Time Radio, U.K. There are a total of 39 episodes, and, the more I hve watched these shows the less I dismiss them, as I once did, as a poor facsimile of our beloved detective. In my opinion, this series has something to offer, and, on occasion, one is in for a surprise. For example, in one episode, we see both Victor Sen Yung and Philip Ahn, both, of course, veterans of the Charlie Chan film series. And, J. Carroll Naish, who portrays Chan in this series, actually appeared in a Charlie Chan movie: "Charlie Chan at the Circus." It could be agrued that this even brings something of a "pedigree" to the TV series.

About a year ago, I had the honor of meeting James Hong who played Number One Son Barry Chan in the small-screen series. He beamed with pride at having been, as he put it, "the last Number One Son." This has also, admittedly, added to my enjoyment of this series.

So, in short, I would like to offer my one humble vote in favor of purchasing at least some episodes of this unusual and often interesting Charlie Chan series. Check our sellers listed here at our Links section, or take a look on eBay, where I often see episodes of "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan" up for auction or sale.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Re: Chan TV show

Thanks for the info. I'll take a shot at a few episodes.