Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Charlie Chan Movies

Dear Virginia,

One of the "colorfully" titled Charlie Chan movies, the scarlet in "The Scarlet Clue" refers to the bloody heel prints found by Chan. It was this clue that helped determine the identity of one of the killers.

Now, if we can find the reason for the "jade" in "The Jade Mask"...

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Movies

I've never been able to figure that out. Those life masks don't seem to be made out of jade, and even after watching the film again, I couldn't figure out the reference.

Rush,
TYSM!
Virginia

Re: Charlie Chan Movies

Maybe they figure the "unconscious objectors" won't notice since it's the middle of the night!

~Mrs. P

Of course, in the end, "The JADE Mask" sounds a lot more exotic than "The Plaster Life Mask"! A similar issue appears with "The Shanghai Cest," although, a case can be made for a box that appears in the film.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

I really wish we would stop surrendering to every minority that comes along, but I guess that's becoming the American way.

Dear Jack,

The real problem, I believe, are the special interest organizations that purport to represent "minority groups." For these organizations to stay in business, there needs to be a perceived injustice or, more powerfully: "racism." All it seems to take, is a repeated allegation (often blared through the media and the halls of institutions of "higher learning") of one or more of the above, and businesses and institutions quake in their boots. Sadly, what is lacking is, as you allude, some good, old fashioned backbone, especially when it is believed you are on the side of right and reason.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Sincerely,
Rush Glick