Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Costco deals on Chan

Dear Steve,

Great news! Thank you for sharing. I will get my Moto set (Volume 2) this weekend.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: New Costco deals on Chan

Steve - Just a week late for this Chan & Moto fan. I had Mr. Moto Vol 2 delivered last week after winning an E-Bay auction ($32 + $3.95 S&H). Still not a bad deal I guess. Looking forward to the pending release of Chan Volume 3 - perhaps sometime this summer?

Rush - I watched your excellent commentary on Warner Oland on the special features of the "Mr. Moto's Gamble" disc. I found each participant offered some very insightful, and often times sad, dialogue on why Oland left the set of "Charlie Chan at the Ringside", and the events leading up to his death later that year. Thank you again for your significant contributions to these welcome additions to our video libraries.

- Roy Webber

Re: Re: Re: New Costco deals on Chan

Dear Roy,

You are very kind... Glad to hear you enjoyed the material.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Costco deals on Chan

I'm planning to get that Mr. Moto set soon...

This question may have been addressed in that special feature, so sorry if I am covering old ground, but is any footage of Oland in scenes from "Charlie Chan at Ringside" known to exist? Obviously, many scenes were reused in the Moto film that it became, but I have always wondered if any footage with Oland in it was retained.