Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie chan collections

Hi I`m surprized to find a group devoted to Charlie Chan. The clerks at suncoast would always look at me funny when I asked if they had any Charlie chan movies. They will always be some of my favorites, I loved the sets and the mood they created plus the comic relief. My first was Meeting at midnight, and after that I was hooked. I have a few but also want to collect all the books. Has anyone else here collected the books? I`m enjoying all your posts. Don

Re: Charlie chan collections

Dear Donald,

WELCOME!

Guaranteed that no one who frequents this humble site will ever look at you oddly regarding your passion which we all share! If you enjoy the Monogram Charlie Chan pictures that you mention, I would probably be safe in assuming that you will receive (or have received) an even greater pleasure when viewing the portion of the series that was produced at Fox Pictures.

I am pleased to note your desire to collect and read the original Charlie Chan stories written by Earl Derr Biggers. You will be in for hours of joy as you read these adventures and then compare them to the film versions. There are a number of ways in which to obtain these books, either vintage copies or more recently published material. First, I would suggest that you take a look at any of the online sellers such as abebooks.com or amazon.com. There, you will be able to find what you seek at varying prices, depending on vintage and/or condition. There are even compilations available. You can also try eBay listings, at these books turn up there with some regularity, too.

Again, welcome, and good luck in your search (which can be half of the fun!). Also, please consider joining with us for one of our live Chat/Film Viewing sessions which we hold here, at our Chat Room every Monday evening.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick