Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Message for Kidtwist re: Michael Shayne movies

I'm sorry to hear about this as well, Steve, as I enjoy the Michael Shayne films also . I feel the lesser known films and series need much more promotion than does a character such as Charlie Chan. Advertising their product on AMAZON alone is clearly not enough.

Many 'old-timers' don't care about the internet at all and wouldn't shed a tear if it would just disappear.

What many companies should do (such as Fox) is: 'good ole advertising' in publications such as: CLASSIC IMAGES, SCARLET STREET, THE BIG REEL and so on and so on to get the word out to immediately interested people. Relying exclusively on selling products online has done many people a great disservice. I know many individuals who are not interested at all about doing their shopping online and seem to prefer the traditional methods of doing their business regardless of what the technology promotors would have us do.

Message for all re: Mikey Spillane movies

Dear All: In a similar vain as Michael Shayne is Mickey Spillane. On TCM tomorrow. 4:15 AM "Ring of Fear" (1954) Mystery writer Mickey Spillane tries to help Clyde Beatty deal with a plot to sabotage his circus. Cast: Mickey Spillane, Clyde Beatty, Pat O'Brien. Dir: James Edward Grant. C-93 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format