Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

Maybe a well selected still picture with a Chan-ism underneath on the back? Site logo on the front?

Like, maybe, a pic of Toler talking to Sen Yung with a quote from the appropriate era:

"Theory like old egg - rotten"

Something along those lines?

Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

that would be pretty cool.

with cafepress.com anything is possible. creating the merchandise is free and you select how much you want to sell it for. It's not just t-shirts either. they have coffee mugs, button, bumpers stickers, mouse pads, etc.

Chris

Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

Gentlemen, your ideas are very good and I think that this could be a possibility. Chris, perhaps you could check some ballpark pricing on what it would cost to make a few types of items, such as T-shirts and coffee (tea?) mugs: "Opinion like tea leaf in water - both need time for brewing." My hope would be to sell anything at non-profit prices, and, I would not expect that we would need to produce very large quantities of merchandise.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

If you look at the website of Cafepress.com, you will see what I am talking about. Basically you upload a picture or saying and attach it to an item (t-shirt, mug, clock, etc.) It costs nothing but time to do it. Then you set the price and the items are not made until someone orders it online. There is no inventory, no overhead, etc. etc.

Everything is handled through the website. Further questions, e-mail me or check out my personal store located at Mentzer's Tower of Merchandise

Chris

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the explanation. Sounds very good, and I will take a look as time permits.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

BTW, I just found this particular store, only 3 items available.

Chan merch.

chris

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chan Merchandise

I found a site that has a shirt with a picture of Sidney Toler on the front and the caption "What Would Charlie Chan Do?" on Ebay. There were two. I bought one. :)