Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: When?

I remember reading that they found CC in Paris in the '80s, and that CC in Egypt was found in an improperly marked bin without a title screen. Those were the last two "lost" Chans that were found.

I also remember reading that a 3-minute trailer of "Charlie Chan Carries On" was found in 2002 in a library in Australia. So it's theoretically possible, but I don't know if we'll ever see the four lost movies.

It is a shame about some of the later Chans but as long as there is a copy, I'd be pretty happy to watch it. Even a blurry Chan is better than no Chan at all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When?

Dear Steve,

As you say, "Even a blurry Chan is better than no Chan at all." I couldn't agree more!

As I mentioned above, "Charlie Chan in Egypt" was shown at the museum of Modern Art in New York City in 1968, so, it was not a "lost" film at that time. However, perhaps another print was uncovered later.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When?

Very eeenteresting.

Was it ever explained why the CC in Egypt title screen was makeshift and didn't look like the others? Most of that post was stuff that I had read or heard about, so I had no idea how true it was or how long CC in Egypt had been lost, I just went on what I had read and heard. I did know that CC in Paris was lost for a while and that a trailer was found in Australia for CC Carries On.

As I eventually plan to watch all the movies that are known to exist, I made that statement about a blurry Chan. At least we can see these gems and keep them from being forever lost.