Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Keye Luke Artwork

I am desperately looking for some Keye Luke artwork to purchase. Either originals or copies. Any suggestions on where to look. The web has not been helpful

Re: Looking for Keye Luke Artwork

Dear Mr. or Ms. Edelson,

This is not an easy proposition. Looking for Keye Luke artwork for sale will probably prove difficult, but not impossible. I have bought one piece, an etching, on eBay, but that was several years ago. Since he was active in the Los Angeles area, your search should, perhaps, focus there. In Keye Luke's early years, he lived in the area of Seattle, Washington, and this is where the piece that I purchased came from. You might also seek artwork there.

Keye Luke illustrated several books during his career, and, if you would be intgerested in obtaining any of these - you may even come across an inscribed copy - you may wish to try the online book search sites, such as abebooks.com. Sometimes these also turn up on eBay, albeit rarely.

You may also try contacting surviving members of Keye Luke's family who may be able to direct you toward some of his art. I would suggest that you send a letter in care of the Old Town Music Hall in El Segundo, California (they have a Website). Every so often, a Charlie Chan movie featuring Keye Luke is shown there, and a number of family members appear for the screening.

I hope that this has been of some help to you...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: Looking for Keye Luke Artwork

Are you still looking for Keye Luke artworks? I have two large etchings that belonged to my wife's uncle, Jonathon Hale, who worked with Mr. Luke on the Charlie Chan movies.